Repro360 FTAI Brochure (Dairy Cattle)
FTAI allows artificial insemination (AI) of your herd without the need for heat detection. To enable FTAI, a series of treatments are given to the females according
to a protocol that will synchronise the time of their ovulation. The treatments are given to every female in the mob which enables 100% of the females to be submitted to AI.
Why choose FTAI over heat-detection programs?
- An AI technician is only required on one day to inseminate your cows. This day can be planned in advance – reducing your costs.
- With some basic training, all treatments can be given by the labor that you have on your farm – saving you money.
- Results in more calves born to AI.
- When a progesterone device such as the Cue-Mate® is used in FTAI, reproductive issues such as non-cyclers and cows with ovarian disorders may be treated – treating problem cows earlier.
- FTAI can get the majority of your cows in calf early – avoiding later calving cows.